<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Five Hours Late
I'm back in Atlanta...barely. Actually, I've been here for two weeks--two weeks of non-stop appointments, shopping, and to-do lists for the wedding.

It all began on June 5th. I had been traveling from the village for 20 hours and had only 30 minutes left of my last leg (Chicago to Atlanta). Then...the pilot clicked on the PA, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the electrical problem has deteriorated and we are going to need to make an emergency landing in Nashville." Groggy passengers enjoying extra space on the nearly empty 6:30am flight, sat up and began following the instructions for landing. The landing was smooth and normal except for the emergency vehicles lining the runway. I don't think I've ever had a normal trip to Alaska. The airline ended up chartering a bus and driving us 4 hours to Atlanta. So I think I'm going to blame American Airlines for my current stress. If I hadn't been so late getting home, I would probably have everything done by now...

I feel like I've been going non-stop ever since then. I never imagined how many details went into planning a wedding. Things are going well and we are especially blessed by all of the friends and family who are beings so supportive in sharing their talents and time to help make this happen! It is truly going to be a community event. Sorry for the lack of posts. I'll be moving back in with my folks until the wedding, so perhaps there will be more posts soon!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?